HTN TRANSMISSIVE LCD
TEKTRO HYDRAULIC DISC
TRANSFORM THE WAY YOU RIDE Redefine how you work and play with the Ubco 2018 2×2. With a motor in both wheels – no clutch or drivetrain, no emissions and no noise – it’s the smartest, quietest and most efficient way to get around, both on- and off-road. It may look similar, but don’t be fooled; 71 of the 136 components are either new or renewed, making the 2018 2×2 a superior bike on all terrains.
Welcome to the Road The Ubco 2×2’s dual electric drive is smooth, ultra-quiet and low maintenance; it can go through trenches, up hills, and down steep tracks without a second thought. Going on road? Not a problem. The 2018 2×2 will be a road registrable vehicle, with all the gear and gadgets you need for your next on-road adventure. We’ve added brake lights, indicators, a motor cut off switch, and steering lock along with a super bright high and low beam headlight. Whether you’re commuting to work or heading off on your next roadie, the 2018 2×2 is ready to hit the road. Greater Control Keeping track of your riding is even easier with the new LCD display. Monitor your speed, distance, power output, battery level and the time, all in one place, and stay in complete control.
Improved Communication Stay digitally connected and communicate directly with the bike with our new engine control unit (ECU). This savvy bit of technology directly controls the lighting, motor controllers, display, and rider controls. You’ll even be able to connect to your phone to get updates and customise your riding experience.
Hello Efficiency Boasting an even bigger 52.2Ah (48Ah Rated) Lithium-ion battery, while maintaining its compact size.
With numerous developments in the drives, including increased internal gear width and improved composite materials used for the planetary gears, the 2018 2×2 is designed to perform at a higher efficiency for longer. And with an increased level of sealing, the motors will need less servicing, and perform for longer. New heat sinks on the side of the motor boost efficiency and improve heat dissipation.
Improved Capability The 2018 2×2 is kitted out with new custom front forks, meaning a smoother and more compliant ride. • 40mm more travel • Significant increase in strength and stiffness • Increased dimension of the die cast aluminium lowers • Chrome plated steel stanchions • Complete with the torque arm, this fork is built with front wheel drive in mind. • The rubber fork boots fit perfectly to the stanchions to keep out all the unwanted gunk. Advanced Braking The 2018 2×2 features regenerative braking that activates when the throttle is released. Not only does this charge the battery, it helps preserve the mechanical brakes on the bike. Another bonus? Improved descent control for a smoother and safer downhill ride. Choice.
Dimensions: Height 1,050mm (41"), Length 1,820mm (72"), Wheel base 1,200mm (47"), Seat height 800mm (32"), Handlebars 800mm (32")
Chassis: 7000 series aluminium alloy frame
Front suspension: Custom UBCO 130mm travel coil spring hydraulic dampener. Steel tapered steering tube
Rear suspension: 120mm travel coil spring shock with preload and rebound adjustment
Wheel Size: 17"
Tyres: 17x2.75" multi use tyres for on and offroad
Drivetrain: Single stage planetary gear reduction
Brakes: Tektro Hydraulic Disc 203 x 2.3mm rotors
Regenerative braking activated when throttle released
Lighting: LED headlight: 120mm diameter - low beam 1330 lumens; high beam 2230 lumens. LED rear brake and number plate lights. LED indicator lights
Carry capacity: 150kg including rider
Warranties: Frame 3yrs, Battery 2 yrs, Motor 2 yrs
License : Car License required for road registered version
Display: HTN Transmissive LCD, white back light
User controls: Handlebar mounted switch for high beam, indicators and horn. Motor cut off switch on handlebars
Comms: Integrated ECU directly controls lighting, motor controllers, display, rider controls and provides a Bluetooth connection to the bike
Connectivity: Dual USB charging ports (1 x 1A, 1 x 2.5A)
12V outlet (10A max)
User input: Bluetooth with user app (initial service only app)
Vehicle Class: L1/LA (Moped)
License Requirements: Onroad version: State dependent. For Qld car license only required
Pricing: Offroad: Includes UBCO 2x2 bike, battery and charger
Onroad: As above + mirrors, indicators and tail lights (road registration costs are extra)
FREE PHONE HOLDER WITH EACH PURCHASE: For more information on this and install instructions please visit:
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within three months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within three months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within three months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible and any sale promotions offered
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Ubco warrants to the original retail purchaser that the Products shall be free, under normal use and maintenance, from any defects in material or workmanship for the warranty periods set out below, subject to the qualifications, exclusions, conditions and limitations set out in this warranty statement. Where warranty conditions are met, defective Products or parts will be repaired or replaced (repair or replacement is at Ubco Limited’s discretion).
STANDARD WARRANTY PERIODS
Ubco 2017 2×2 – off road only
- 12 months.
Ubco 2018 2×2 – Dual Use on and off road.
- 12 months.
Ubco Portage Power Supplies (40Ah, 48Ah)
- 24 months.
- 12 months.
- 6 months.
QUALIFICATION OF UEV WARRANTY
As the 2×2 is a Utility Electric Vehicle (UEV) that can be ridden on and off road, Ubco requires a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) to be carried out prior to customer delivery by an authorised Ubco dealer. To qualify for this warranty, the UEV must be removed from its original packaging, fully set up and assembled, subject to a PDI, road tested, and delivered by an authorised Ubco dealer. The Warranty Registration Form must be signed by both the dealer and the purchaser.
PRODUCTS NOT REQUIRING A PDI
Products that fall within the Power Supply or Accessory categories (excluding trailers) do not require a PDI but do require proof of purchase as a condition of any warranty claim.
This warranty does not cover:
- Products used other than in accordance with their intended use or the use instructions / parameters set out in the relevant User Manual;
- Products that have been misused, involved in an accident, neglected or abused;
- Products used for competition including but not limited to racing or trials;
- Products used for rental purposes or any commercial application other than those for which the Product is intended and which have been specifically approved by Ubco;
- Products that have been improperly assembled, or where repairs have been made other than by an Ubco certified technician;
- Products that have not been maintained or serviced in accordance with the instructions set out in the relevant User Manual;
- Products altered or modified in any way from the manufacturer’s specifications;
- Parts requiring replacement or repair as a result of normal wear and tear.
SPECIFIC CATEGORY EXCLUSIONS
The following exclusions also apply:
UEV Warranty Exclusions:
- The planetary gears are considered a wear and tear item and should be regularly inspected and replaced in the event of wear. Wear is related to the level and type of use. Planetary gears and elements of the motor system are designed to protect the main motor. In extreme stress, they may be damaged in order to protect the motor’s integrity;
- If motor maintenance or repair is performed by a non-Ubco Certified Technician, including if the motor is opened or modified;
- If any of the control system parameters are modified from those issued by Ubco for public release;
- If water damage occurs as a result of a UEV being used outside of its intended operation and use. Damage includes, but is not limited to; the following component groups: the external controls, electrical system, motors, battery connections and bearings;
- If damage is caused by over-torqueing, cross threading, or other damage due to attempted repair by unauthorised service personnel.
Power Supply Exclusions:
- If the Power supply is left in a discharged state;
- If the Plug connectors (male and female) have not been cleaned and are exposed to dirt, water and other environmental contaminants;
- If the case has been opened or tampered with;
- If there has been damage caused to the external case or structure e.g. from dropping or accidents;
- If used with non-approved or un-certified electrical equipment;
- If the product has been submerged under water.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In the event that the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 applies, this warranty is to be considered as an express guarantee for the purposes of the Act. Where the terms of the warranty and the provisions of the Act conflict, the provisions of the Act will prevail.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Ubco’s maximum liability in contract, tort, equity, statute, regulation or otherwise for any loss, damage, or injury directly or indirectly resulting from any defect in, or non-compliance of, or use of, the Product will not in aggregate exceed the price (excluding GST) for the Product that caused the loss, damage or injury.
UBCO AUTHORISED DEALERS AND CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
For a list of Ubco Authorised Dealers and Certified Technicians please see our website for a current full dealer listing.
Purchased the 2x2 road bike and love it. It’s heaps of fun to ride, the acceleration is surprisingly good and it’s good to know it can handle any terrain.
My favourite electric vehicle. Yes, it's practical, robustly reliable and has a great team behind it, but more than that, it's really, really fun to ride. Looking forward to getting out on a 2018 Dual Use model soon.