Wheelchair accessories have been created specifically to improve your quality of life: they are useful, facilitate your mobility and independence and, ultimately, provide you with a good dose of comfort. Choosing them depends on the needs of each individual and, of course, a lot of brands have risen up to the challenge of maximizing the benefits of mobile devices and gadgets.
Is the electric mobility scooter easy and convenient?
One of the most significant attributes of an electric mobility scooter is control and steering. This is generally done with the handlebars and is very similar or analogous to the function of the handlebars in bikes. This is best recommended for individuals who are not suffering from or are afflicted with a limited range of motion in the upper body.
The use of electric mobility scooters allows persons with limited movement to travel and commute around at various speeds in a variety of settings. You can make use of this electric alternative of transportation going through streets, steeply inclined roads, or rough grounds. Plus, there are certain mobility scooter attachments that can be latched into the vehicle to convert it into something so convenient like a basic trailer or more high-tech ones.
There are personal mobility scooters that suit various budgets for individuals with limited movement. You will surely find a model that will be available in the market, although prices may range from $900.00 to as much as $4,000 dollars.
For added convenience and comfort, there are certain mobility scooter attachments that can bring more ease, and speed to it.
In this post, we came up with some of the best mobility scooter attachments that we are offering. This article that I am going to share with you will include the best electric scooter attachments including lightweight and compact ones that you can buy in 2023!
The Best Mobility Scooter Attachments in 2024
According to KarmanHealth , the developments and advancements in the use of personal mobility devices have grown in the past years. These included items like electrical power mobility, scooter, and even power wheelchairs. This has given the elderly and those with limited body movement ease, comfort, convenience, and freedom.
Mobility scooters have different types. Below are the three types of mobility scooters available in the market. You can choose from different designs, enhancements, attachments, and styles:
3-Wheel Mobility Scooters – this specific type of mobility scooter is known for its better handling feature with restricted quarters. The leg rooms allow the rider to maneuver the scooter better.
4-Wheel Mobility Scooters – this is highly recommended for bearing the weight of a rider up to 500 lbs. It provides added sturdiness and stability as well as mobility.
Compact scooters – these are perfect for those people who bring a lot of items with them during a ride with its storage space. It is also foldable so you can take it with you anywhere you may think of. You simply put it inside your van or the back of the car.
Your electric mobility scooter or electric wheelchair attachment of choice can render reliable and affordable alternatives in your daily commute using buses, trams, trains, and buses. On the other hand, electric scooters are easy and convenient to use. That is the reason why you need to have a foldable electric scooter. This design is really lightweight and can be brought anywhere even when commuting in and around public transportation.
Here are, in our opinion, the top 2 mobility scooter attachments!
Regular Price: $5,500.00
Transform a regular wheelchair into a power scooter with this wheelchair attachment from Rio Mobility.
Rio is known for perfectly crafting electric wheelchair attachments that will upgrade not just one's everyday journey, but his lifestyle as well. With its user-friendly features, this electric wheelchair attachment will easily help someone regain his freedom and mobility.
Take it to the streets or the hills, you'll always be in control with the Firefly 2.5 Wheelchair Attachment in tow.
- Top speed is 12 mph/ 19 kph
- Speed limiter in the Color Display
COLOR CHOICES (NEW FOR 2020)
- Chrome red
- Dark metallic grey
- New compact charger: 36V, 2A output (UL, AUS & CE)
- New upgraded 3 pin charging port
- Charging Time: ~3 hours if battery is fully discharged
- Battery has a USB-A charging port and is essentially mobile device power bank
- Motor: 350W, 36V geared, brushless hub motor w/ reinforced hybrid nylon/ steel gears
- Motor wire: exits from the axle at the frame instead of the axle end to reduce wire damage
- Motor rim: integrated wide rim to match the wide tire profile for maximum traction!
- Dual 160mm rotor disc brakes
- Brake lever: dual locking levers
- Mirrored dual-pull brake calipers for easy adjustments and even pad wear - an industry first!
- Disc brake pads with cooling fins
Regular Price: $5,200.00
Do you want to turn your wheelchair into a power-assisted handcycle? Then the Rio Mobility E-Dragonfly Wheelchair Attachment might just be what you need.
This mobility attachment will give you the impression that you're riding an electric bike! With a 5-power speed assist, you can customize the amount of speed you use in your ride.
The innovative wheelchair attachment from Rio Mobility is also fitted with a 250W motor and removable Li-Ion battery that can give a range of up to 32KM.
With the Rio Mobility E-Dragonfly Wheelchair attachment, you can enjoy mobility wherever you need and want to be!
- Battery: lithium ion, Samsung, 36V, 6.6AH, 238 Wh
- Battery Range: >20 miles/32 km
- Charger: 36V, 2A output
- Voltage: 100~240V
- Charging Time: ~4 hours if battery is fully discharged
- Motor: 250W, 36V geared brushless hub motor
- 140mm disc brake with locking lever
- Promax V-brake
FRAME & COMPONENTS
- Frame Aluminum 6061-T6
- Light LED
- 7 speed derailleur
- 11-28T cassette
- 33T chain ring
- Index shifter
- Tire 12.5″ X 1.5″ (40-203)
- Attachment Frame Weight: 6 lbs / 2.6 kg
- Drive Unit Weight: 21 lbs / 9.5 kg
- Battery Weight: 4 lbs / 2.0 kg
- Total Weight with Battery: 31 lbs /14 kg
- Maximum Weight: 280 lbs / 127 kg (combined)
- Shipping Dimensions: 31” x 11” x 14” / 104cm x 30cm x 35.5cm
- Shipping Weight: 38.0 lbs / 17.3 kg
What to Look For Mobility Scooter Attachments
- Choose those attachments that will increase and improve your level of independence and mobility. There are models that come with power assistance. This will significantly reduce the number of times you will need someone to push you to kick-start your day. Eventually, this will lessen the pain, discomfort, swelling, and fatigue that you will experience around the arms and shoulders. This would also mean that you can get in and out on your own most of the time with the use of mobility attachments.
- A powerful wheelchair attachment can make a difference in improving your sense of independence. Find a model with a very powerful and reliable power assist. This will allow you to go through steep sidewalks and ramps. Look for anti-rollback that will allow you to go uphill without any assistance.
- Easy installation of the mobility attachment is a must. Your wheelchair attachment must be readily accessible. The installation should be as easy as the breeze.
- Choose a model that is lightweight and can be attached easily without the help of others.
For more information about mobility equipment, visit our website at www.eridesolutions.com.au