12.5″ X 3.0″
The Firefly TRANSFORMS your wheelchair into a power scooter!
- The Firefly attaches to most wheelchairs. Download our chair fit guide here.
- There is an installation process that typically takes around 30 minutes to an hour, you can DIY by checking out our video here.
- After the initial installation process is completed, the device latches on and off your wheelchair in seconds.
- Separate color-coded forward and reverse throttles w/ silicone anti-slip grip.
- 350 watts, 5 speed modes can take you up to 12 miles per hour (it's GOES!), lower speeds allow you to maneuver around buildings and stores with ease.
- Removable lightweight lithium ion battery gives you >15 miles range.
- Quick-release center frame comes apart easily without tools for transportation in a car, plane, or for storage.
- Dual rolling kickstands for easier parking and storage.
- Full color display screen with haptic-touch feedback buttons.
- Regain your freedom and mobility today, take it over grass and hills.
- Take control of your life again! With the Firefly, you can go anywhere!
- Top speed is 12 mph/ 19 kph
- Speed limiter in the Color Display
COLOR CHOICES (NEW FOR 2020)
- Chrome red
- Dark metallic grey
- New compact charger: 36V, 2A output (UL, AUS & CE)
- New upgraded 3 pin charging port
- Charging Time: ~3 hours if battery is fully discharged
- Battery has a USB-A charging port and is essentially mobile device power bank
- Motor: 350W, 36V geared, brushless hub motor w/ reinforced hybrid nylon/ steel gears
- Motor wire: exits from the axle at the frame instead of the axle end to reduce wire damage
- Motor rim: integrated wide rim to match the wide tire profile for maximum traction!
- Dual 160mm rotor disc brakes
- Brake lever: dual locking levers
- Mirrored dual-pull brake calipers for easy adjustments and even pad wear - an industry first!
- Disc brake pads with cooling fins
FRAME & COMPONENTS
- Frame custom extruded shape Aluminum 6061-T6. Custom shape reduces riding vibration while increasing strength
- Matching stem profile with frame shim insert (allows for smooth handlebar height adjustment)
- Tire: oversize 12.5″ X 3.0″ (75-203)
- Split fender mudguard: matches the wide tire profile and is very durable
- Dual -10 lux LED Light System (one light to see the road, one light to be seen by oncoming traffic)
- Locking headset for easier transfers and easy upright storage
- All threaded quick release connectors ensure your components stay connected during transport
- Ergonomic handlebar grips with bar-ends make sure your hands stay in place!
- Shipping Dimensions: 35” x 13” x 12” / 89cm x 33cm x 31cm
- Shipping Weight: 35 lbs / 15.9 kg
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within three months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within three months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within three months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible and any sale promotions offered
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
All select brands have free shipping (metro areas) except for:
EZRIDERZ, RAYVOLT, GRIPSPORT, PROGEAR, VAMOS, PHATRIDER, EUNORAU, EUROWHEEL, KUSH, EOZZIE, WIRED, SEGWAY (Go Kart Kit Only), AUSSTECH (WA Only) DRAGON (All models except the beast)
These brands attract a small shipping fee between $19.00 and $199.00 for metro areas.
We pay the rest Australia wide for all metro areas. Please note regional areas may attract additional shipping fees. These include but not limited to Western Australia, Northern Territory and Tasmania. Please enquire if you're unsure or would like a quote.
A great way to save here is to get your parcel delivered to your closest depot.
Please let us know if you would like a quote or prefer this option.
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will reach out to you via e-mail to confirm with you. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Rio Mobility warrants the Firefly for one (1) year from the date of initial consumer purchase. This warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship.
Rio Mobility warrants the lithium Ion battery for three (3) months from the date of initial purchase. This covers any defects in materials and workmanship.
This warranty is only available for the original owner or purchaser and is non-transferable.
This warranty is VOID if;
- Assembly and installation is not performed according to the instructions
- Preventative and routine maintenance as not been performed
- The serial number is removed or altered
- Hub disassembled
- The handcycle is used in any competitive event
- The handcycle is used in stunt riding, jumping, or similar activity
- The handcycle is submersed in water or sprayed with water including accidental exposure such as rain water(this applies mainly to the electrical parts)
- The handcycle is used in a manner contrary to the instructions in the Owner's manual
well made and some good features needs some small mods eg cruse control that was switchable. I personable would prefer no engine brake but this just me. very happy
I purchased a few weeks ago the firefly. Everything was described, the site does a good job explaining how to install it on your chair and what to expect. Item arrived on time and had no issues so far, customer service guided me with some compatibility questions. I am Very happy with the purchase. I would recommend this to anybody who is looking to read more about I purchased a few weeks ago the to enhance their wheelchair.
While it took longer than I would have expected to get it connected to my older A4 Titanium once I get everything set up, I couldn't be happier. Going to the local store no longer requires transferring into and out of the car twice. I simply hook up, run to the store and back and unhook. I travel a lot and have found it easy to load and unload into the car. When traveling, if my hotel is within two mile or so of where I need to be, my car doesn't get used at all.
Absolutely love my new Firefly Wheelchair attachment. It’s everything I was hoping it would be. Hoping to enjoy it for quite a while. Highly recommend this product if you are thinking of getting one.
I purchased a few weeks ago the firefly. Everything was a described, the site does a good job explaining how to install it on your chair and what to expect. Item arrived on time and had no issues so far, customer service guided me with some compatibility questions. I am Very happy with the purchase. I would recommend this to anybody who is lookingRead more about I purchased a few weeks ago the to enhance their wheelchair.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.