12.5″ X 3.0″
Turn Your Wheelchair into A Mobility Scooter
You can now transform your wheelchair into an electric mobility scooter with the Rio Mobility FireFly 2.5.
Having this wheelchair attachment installed will provide you with more mobility so you can get around more quickly.
The FireFly runs on a 350W electric motor powered by its 36V battery, providing you up going up to around 24km.
This electric wheelchair can easily be folded into a very compact size when it needs to be transported, making it convenient when going out.
- The FireFly 2.5 can be ridden to up to a top speed of 19kp/h and maintain a moderate speed with its smooth acceleration.
- You can use this wheelchair attachment longer than most electric rides can go, providing you with up to 24km in distance.
- You can detach this wheelchair attachment whenever you like and easily put it back once its other parts have been installed.
- The FireFly 2.5 features 5 different speed modes allowing you to ride at a moderate pace when outside or slow and steady when indoors.
If you are unsure about the legality of an electric ride in your state or area, please refer to this link: https://www.eridesolutions.com.au/pages/safety
- The Firefly attaches to most wheelchairs. Download our chair fit guide here.
- There is an installation process that typically takes around 30 minutes to an hour, you can DIY by checking out our video here.
- After the initial installation process is completed, the device latches on and off your wheelchair in seconds.
- Separate color-coded forward and reverse throttles w/ silicone anti-slip grip.
- 350 watts, 5 speed modes can take you up to 12 miles per hour (it's GOES!), lower speeds allow you to maneuver around buildings and stores with ease.
- Removable lightweight lithium ion battery gives you >15 miles range.
- Quick-release center frame comes apart easily without tools for transportation in a car, plane, or for storage.
- Dual rolling kickstands for easier parking and storage.
- Full color display screen with haptic-touch feedback buttons.
- Regain your freedom and mobility today, take it over grass and hills.
- Take control of your life again! With the Firefly, you can go anywhere!
Top speed is 12 mph / 19 kph (Speed limiter included)
Lithium ion 36V, 6.6AH, 238 Wh (Can go up to 24 km)
36V, 2A, input (100~240V)
4 hours if battery is fully discharged
350W, 36V geared brushless hub motor
140mm disc brake and Promax V-brake
12.5″ X 2.25″ (62-203)
Attachment Frame Weight
Drive Unit Weight
Total Weight with Battery
127 kg combined user and wheelchair
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us, please let us know and we will check if we could match with their pricing. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible and any sale promotions offered
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Please note that some areas especially regional areas may attract additional shipping fees. These include but not limited to Western Australia, Northern Territory and Tasmania. Please enquire if you're unsure or would like a quote.
A great way to save here is to get your parcel delivered to your closest depot.
Please let us know if you would like a quote or prefer this option.
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will reach out to you via e-mail to confirm with you. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to email@example.com and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Rio Mobility warrants one (1) year from the date of initial consumer
purchase. This warranty covers any MANUFACTURING defects in materials and
Rio Mobility warrants the lithium Ion battery for three (3) months from the date of
initial purchase. This covers any MANUFACTURING defects in materials and
THE WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING; DAMAGE TO
CONNECTORS, CONNECTOR PINS, CABLES OR WIRES. PULLED OR SEVERED MOTOR WIRES. DROPPED CHARGERS & BATTERIES. PHYSICAL DAMAGE AFTER RECEIPT OF PRODUCT.
If you see or suspect any damage or defects report the problem upon receipt of the product. Failing to comply with the battery care instructions risks voiding your warranty.
This warranty is only available for the original owner or purchaser and is non-
This warranty is VOID if:
• Assembly and installation are not performed according to the instructions
• Preventative and routine maintenance has not been performed
• The serial number is removed or altered
• The hub, controller or battery are opened, altered or disassembled
• The handcycle is used in any competitive event
• The handcycle is used in stunt riding, jumping, or similar activity
• The handcycle is submerged in or sprayed with water; includes accidental
exposure such as rain (applies mainly to electrical parts)
• The handcycle is used in a manner contrary to the instructions outlined in the
• Any modifications are made to the device
• You accidentally run into objects and obstructions
well made and some good features needs some small mods eg cruse control that was switchable. I personable would prefer no engine brake but this just me. very happy
I purchased a few weeks ago the firefly. Everything was described, the site does a good job explaining how to install it on your chair and what to expect. Item arrived on time and had no issues so far, customer service guided me with some compatibility questions. I am Very happy with the purchase. I would recommend this to anybody who is looking to read more about I purchased a few weeks ago the to enhance their wheelchair.
While it took longer than I would have expected to get it connected to my older A4 Titanium once I get everything set up, I couldn't be happier. Going to the local store no longer requires transferring into and out of the car twice. I simply hook up, run to the store and back and unhook. I travel a lot and have found it easy to load and unload into the car. When traveling, if my hotel is within two mile or so of where I need to be, my car doesn't get used at all.
Absolutely love my new Firefly Wheelchair attachment. It’s everything I was hoping it would be. Hoping to enjoy it for quite a while. Highly recommend this product if you are thinking of getting one.
I purchased a few weeks ago the firefly. Everything was a described, the site does a good job explaining how to install it on your chair and what to expect. Item arrived on time and had no issues so far, customer service guided me with some compatibility questions. I am Very happy with the purchase. I would recommend this to anybody who is lookingRead more about I purchased a few weeks ago the to enhance their wheelchair.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.