When we say electric scooters, we mean the family-friendly choice for micro-mobility revolution. This is one of the most significant and growing solutions to urban traffic, congestion, and pollution. An e-scooter will definitely bring you to the next step of free movement, cleaner future, and fun-filled cruising around the metro. I came across this article discussing the major benefits of investing in an electric scooter.
During recent years, the interest in electronic scooters has been on the rise. It was cited in an article on The Guardian that e-scooters are getting popular across the country. Although the use of electronic scooters is really growing significantly in number, we have to practice responsible riding and learn more about the laws being observed in your state to foster safe and worthwhile ride on your daily commute or leisure rides outdoors.
Are There Foldable Electric Scooters Available In The Market?
Your electric scooter of choice can render reliable and affordable alternatives in your daily commute using buses, trams, trains, and buses. On the other hand, electric scooters are easy and convenient to use. That is the reason why you need to have a foldable electric scooter. This design is really lightweight and can be brought anywhere, even when commuting in and around public transportations.
Tips In Buying an Electric Scooter
Electric scooters are really perfect for people who would want to commute around with minimal costs and hassles which are often associated with driving and public transport. It is a very affordable alternative for the riding public. This is also an easy type of personal electric vehicle which is universally appealing. Most of the members of the family will surely appreciate an electric scooter.
The market has been flooded with various models and brands of electric scooters. Therefore, it will make shopping for an e-scooter more confusing and tedious. If you want to know more about finding the best deals on electric scooters, you can always refer to our top tips down below:
- Choose an electric scooter with the best type of suspension or air tires. This will make your e-scooter practically useful on various terrains and on the normal pavement areas.
- Find a model with the best battery life and range. You should consider the rider’s height and weight, head-wind, topography, and terrain.
- Make sure that you understand that there are two different types of electric scooters. You can choose between a sit-down scooter or a stand-on electric scooter. Although this depends largely on your preference, you can always make a choice. However, a stand-on scooter is highly recommended for users of the manual scooter in the past.
- Take a look into the load capacity of the electric scooter. Your weight will determine the type of scooter that will suit you. keep in mind that the motor power of the scooter will be dependent on the weight of the rider. Thus, if you are on the heavier side of the scale, you should look for an electric scooter with high motor power.
If you are contemplating buying an electric scooter, we came up with a list of the top electric scooters that we can recommend for you. Please read through the list down below:
Price: Starts at $799.00
Starting off this list is one of Dragon's earliest and best-selling electric scooters for sale, the Dragon GT Electric Scooter. This model is one of the most affordable electric scooters in Australia, and is a favorite among riders who aim to find an alternative means transport for every-day use.
Although the Dragon GT comes from a lower price range, it doesn't lack when it comes to power and performance. It has a 500W motor which allows it to run at a street-legal speed of 25km/h (on road), and an off-road speed of 35KM/H.
Adding up to that, the GT offers a detachable seat option for those who can't stand for a long time, or may have back problems.
- Reach this electric scooter’s top speed within a short amount of time with its powerful 500W motor.
- With its 8-inch wheel combination of an inflatable front wheel and a solid rear wheel, you get better acceleration and more control when turning.
- Go to up to 25km/h on-road or 35km/h on other terrains (off-road) and enjoy bringing this electric ride on trips.
- A single full charge of the Dragon GT’s 36V 10.4Ah battery provides you with a range of 30km.
- While this electric scooter may look like a light and compact one, it is sturdy enough to handle a weight of 120kg.
- Bring this electric scooter with you anywhere as it folds up easily and can be carried effortlessly anywhere.
- Model DRAGON GT
- Weight 15kg
- Max Loading 120kg
- Suspension: Dual shocks on front / solid axle on rear
- Brake Drum + Electric
- Restricted Max Speed: 25km/hr
- Unrestricted Max Speed: 35km/hr
- Max Distance 30km
- Max Torque 20NM
- Motor Base Power: 350w
- Motor Peak Power: 500w
- Battery 10.4 AH
- Charge time: 5hrs-6hrs
- Voltage: 36v
- Drive: Rear-wheel drive
- Wheels: 8-inch inflatable- front, solid - rear
- Frame Aviation grade Alloy
Regular Price: Starts at $1099.00
If you're someone who's looking for an adventure on the daily, then the Dragon GTS Electric Scooter is for you. The sport electric scooter from Dragon comes in two options—the GTS with a single 800W motor, and the GTSV2 with a Dual 1600W motor. The amazing electric scooter is made especially for bumpy terrains, uneven or even rocky paths, making it a very-well-sought-after electric scooter in the Australian market.
The powerful electric scooter has a range of 50KM, and a street-legal speed of 25km/h. It is also furnished with 10-inch air tyres and front and rear dual shocks that make up for a very stable ride on any kind of terrain.
- Choose between two powerful motors: the 800W single or 1600W dual motor, whichever you prefer.
- Get the best acceleration through the powerful motor tied with the pneumatic semi-slick road tyres' traction.
- Not only is the Dragon GTS e-scooter lighter than other electric rides, but it can also carry a weight capacity of 120kg.
- Stay visible while riding with this electric scooter's components such as the headlight, deck lights, and more.
- Bring this e-ride with you wherever you go, as it can easily be folded, carried, and stored for trips.
- Model DRAGON GTS / GTS V2
- Weight: GTS 19 kg / GTSV2 25kg
- Max Loading 120kg
- Suspension: GTS Dual shocks on front, Dual fluid-filled shock rear / GTSV2 Quad shocks on front / Dual fluid-filled shock rear
- Brakes Disc brakes+ Electric
- Restricted Speed 25km/hr
- Unrestricted Top Speed: GTS 35km/h / GTSV2 50km/h (private property)
- Max Distance: GTS 45km / GTSV2 50km
- Max Torque 25NM
- Motor Base Power: GTS 500w / GTSV2 1000W (dual mode)
- Motor Peak Power GTS 800w/ GTSV2 1600W (dual mode)
- Battery improved and upgrade: GTS 48V 15.6 Ah / GTSV2 48V 20.8 Ah
- Charge time 6hrs- 7hrs
- Drive: GTSV2 Rear wheel drive/ GTSV2 Rear-wheel drive and front wheel dual brushless motor
- Accessories can purchase seat separately , most accessories fit
Price: Starts at $1,349.00
Next on the list is a power performance electric scooter, the Dragon GTR Electric Scooter. This durable electric scooter is every enthusiast’s dream. With its unmatched power, it can easily traverse on slopes or any uneven terrain.
The Dragon GTR comes with 2 powerful motor options. One is the GTR with a 1200W motor, and the other is the GTRV2 with a dual 2400W motor. It has an upgraded suspension system from its earlier version (the Dragon GT), and tackling rocky and unfavourable paths won’t be a problem!
(Note: With this kind of wattage, it might not be legally allowed to ride the e-scooter in public. In this case, you can always take it for a spin on any private property.)
- With the Dragon GTR electric scooter, you get to choose between the powerful 1200W or 2400W motor setups.
- With a single charge of this e-scooter’s 48V 15.6Ah or 20.8Ah battery, you can ride to a distance of up to 60km/
- Know that your ride can handle your weight as well as items you bring with you, providing a weight capacity of 150kg.
- The 10-inch tubeless tires on the Dragon GTR make off-roading smooth and steady and even do well on flatter surfaces.
- Expect this ride to perform well and endure the most hardcore rides with its aviation grade alloy materials.
- Model DRAGON GTR / GTR V2
- Weight : 26 kg
- Max Loading 150kg
- Front Suspension: GTR Dual shocks / GTRV2 Quad shocks
- Rear Suspension Dual spring shocks
- Brakes Disc brakes+ Electric
- Restricted Speed: 25km/hr
- Max Distance: GTR 45km/ GTRV2 60km
- Max Torque: GTR 35NM / GTRV2 50nm
- Motor Base Power: GTR 800W / GTRV2 1600W
- Unrestricted Speed: GTR 40km/h / GTRV2 50km/h
- Motor Max Peak Power: GTR 1200W / GTRV2 2400W
- Battery: GTR 15.6 AH Lithium / GTRV2 20.8 AH Lithium
- Charge time 6hrs- 7hrs
- Voltage 48v
- Drive: GTR Rear-wheel / GTRV2 Rear-wheel/ dual-wheel drive
- Wheels And Tyres 10-inch tubeless inflatable all terrain
- Frame Aviation grade Alloy
- Deck Size 23cm W x 58cm L
- A Seat Can Be Purchased Separately Most accessories will fit.
Also joining the list is Dragon's most powerful e-scooter to-date, the Dragon The Beast Electric Scooter. Just like the name suggests, this e-scooter is a beast when it comes to its features and abilities. The Beast boasts of a 3600W motor that undoubtedly provides nothing but speed and stability in every ride.
The Beast Electric Scooter produces a top speed of 75 KM/H, just the perfect speed for thrill-seekers who love to go off-roading. Experience a smooth ride as you take on all kinds of terrains (even the bumpiest one) aboard a Dragon The Beast Electric Scooter!
To know more about Australia’s E-ride laws, kindly visit this page: https://www.eridesolutions.com.au/pages/safety
- Experience constant speeds of 25km/h for street-legal usage and up to an extreme pace of 75km/h for off-roading.
- Ride on any terrain as if it was smoother than ever with the stability provided by quad front shocks and dual rear shocks.
- With its 11-inch off-roading tyres, this electric bike dominates all kinds of terrain and retains the best traction in harsh conditions.
- Reach distances up to 75km with a single charge of The Beast's 60V 26Ah battery.
- Aviation-grade material and the best engineering have made this electric ride sturdy enough to handle 150kg in weight.
- Model THE BEAST
- Weight 40 kg
- Max Loading 150kg
- Suspension Front- Quad shocks, Rear- Dual shocks
- Brakes Disc brakes+ Electric
- Restricted Speed 25km/hr*
- Max Distance 75km* (ECO MODE)
- Unrestricted Speed 75km/hr
- Max Torque 80NM
- Base Motor Power 2400
- Peak Motor Power 3600w
- Battery 26AH Lithium
- Charge time 8hrs-10hrs
- Voltage 60v
- Drive Rear-wheel/ dual-wheel drive
- Wheels 11-inch inflatable tubeless all terrain
- Frame Aviation grade Alloy
- Accessories Most accessories will fit
Power and portability—these are two things that you should expect from the Veloz G3 Electric Scooter. The foldable electric scooter boasts a peak rear motor power that reaches up to 1300W. With this kind of power, reaching the restricted speed of 25km/h and even up to 80km/h in private properties is a breeze.
Dubbed as Veloz's urban cruiser, the G3 e-scooter is a lightweight, fast, and comfortable scooter that you can bring anywhere. Just fold it, bring it around or toss it in your trunk, and enjoy city riding!
- Weight: 31kg
- Max Loading: 120kg
- Suspensions: Dual Coil Suspension in front & Hydraulic Spring DNM in rear
- Brakes : Disc Brake front & rear
- Restricted Speed : 25 km/h
- Max Speed: 50km/h (private property only)
- Max Distance: 50-80km
- Peak Motor Power : 1300W
- Battery: 52V 18Ah
- Charge time : 7-8hours
- Wheels: 10inch pneumatic tire
- Frame: Aerospace Aluminium
- IP rate: IP45
- Scooter dimensions: 1300*598*1343mm
- Folded dimensions: 1300*598*610mm
- Box dimensions: 1360*270*650mm
- Box weight: 36kg
Regular Price: Starts at $1,799.00
Originally designed for the European market, the Machine Transporter 1000 passed all the standards that make it an all-around electric scooter. This beast of an electric scooter boasts of a whopping 1000W motor that peaks at 1800W. Its superb motor allows you to control your speed at your most comfortable, and its choices of batteries allow a range of up to 70 or 90KM.
The Transporter 1000 Electric Scooter from Machine will undoubtedly take you wherever you need to be. May it be around the city running errands or an adventure off the road, this amazing electric scooter from Machine has your back.
- The Machine Transporter 1000 runs on a 1000W motor which is about its name but can reach up to 1800W at peak performance, making it extra powerful.
- For a well-built high-performing electric ride, the Machine Transporter 1000 only weighs 20kg in weight, making it lighter than most electric rides and still faster.
- You are guaranteed to have longer rides as the battery is more than capable of lasting up to 70km to 90km in distance.
- The 10-inch air-filled tyres ad durable and meant to last long, regardless of what kind of surface they are ridden on.
- You can opt for an additional comfort seat if you prefer to ride the Machine Transporter 1000 with a seat.
- BATTERY LG 13Ah 48V / LG 18Ah 48V
- MOTOR 1000W - 1800W Peak Power 60Mag
- CONTROLLER 48V 22Ah
- MAXIMUM SPEED 45Km/h (*Sold as Private Property Only)
LIMITED SPEED 25km/h (Australian street-legal)
Up to 40km/h (off road use only)
- MODES SPEED 3 Speed (Eco - Cruise - Fastest)
- RANGE 13Ah 70Km Eco / 17.5Ah 90Km Eco
- CONSTRUCTION Aluminium
- CHARGE TIME 4-6Hrs
- BRAKING Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- SUSPENSION Front and Rear
- TYRES 10.0 x 2.5 Inches Air
- DISPLAY Speed, Trip, Mode, Battery Level, USB
- MAXIMUM PAYLOAD 150Kgs
- WEIGHT 20Kgs
- LIGHTS LED Front and Rear
- GRADE ABILITY 30 Degree
- HEIGHT: 90cm from the foot board to top of the handle bar on the lowest setting.
- DIMENSIONS 1190mm x 500mm x 1220mm
- WARRANTY 12 Months Full
Price: Starts at $2,899.00
Another sport electric scooter that made this list is the Machine Fox All-Terrain Electric Scooter. The modern e-scooter is one of the best in the market these days. Its modern design and innovative technology will give you an experience that a traditional kick scooter can't provide.
Choose from a 1200W or 2400W motor, and you can definitely reach heights and acceleration smoothly and effortlessly. It's front and rear suspension make up for a very stable ride at any terrain. For additional safety, the Machine Fox All-terrain Electric Scooter is also equipped with front and rear LED lights.
Add more thrill to your adventures while staying safe and comfortable with this eco-friendly power e-scooter from Machine!
- Ride up to 70km in range upon a full charge of the Machine Fox’s electric scooter, powered by either your choice of a 48V 13Ah or 52V 20.4Ah battery.
- Easily reach a maximum speed of 25km/h (Australian street legal) or 65km/h (off-road) with this e-scooter’s 1200W or 2400W (dual) motor.
- Other features include an LED Indicator which shows speed, mileage, range, and more, along with a headlight and taillight for safety.
- Suspension on both the front and rear make the Machine Fox perfect for holding its weight as well as traveling across any kind of terrain.
- Choose between single disc brakes or dual hydraulic brakes on both the front and rear for better control over your riding experience.
- DIMENSIONS 1210x590x1280mm
- WEIGHT 29kg/ 34Kg
- MAXIMUM SPEED 25 km/h Australian street legal (48V 40Km/h / 52V 45Km/h / DUAL 65Km/h private property only or offroad use only)
- RANGE 13Ah 70Km Eco / 20.4Ah 100Km Eco / DUAL 20.4Ah 70Km Eco
- MOTOR POWER SINGLE 1200 Watts / DUAL 1200Watts (Brushless Motor)
- CONTROLLER 48V 22Ah / 52V 25Ah/ DUAL 52V 25Ah
- TYRES 10.0 x 3.0 inches Pneumatic. Knobbly Tread. (Off road tyre variant also availabe)
- BATTERY 48V 13Ah/ 52V 20.4Ah LG Lithium Ion
- CHARGE TIME 4 to 6 hours
- MATERIAL Aluminum
- MAXIMUM PAYLOAD 150 kg
- MAXIMUM INCLINATION 30%
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE - 10 ° C to 40 ° C
- LED INDICATOR LCD screen: speed, total mileage and last trip, range, led lights, 3 modes of power and cruise control
- LED LIGHTS Yes, one in the front and two in the back
- BRAKES SINGLE Disc (FRONT AND REAR) / DUAL Hydraulic Disc Brakes (Front and Rear)
- SUSPENSION Yes (FRONT AND REAR)
- WARRANTY 12 MONTHS
- SUPPLIED ACCESSORIES AC charger and Operating Instructions
Regular Price: Starts at $1,270.00
This high powered and foldable electric scooter model is known to be the ultimate electric scooter. Its design has been geared towards unbelievable speed, power, and comfort while on the road. With its two powerful and credible 500W motors, this will surely outperform various models in the market.
Front and Rear
2x 48V 500W ( Dual motor version) 2 x 250W (Single motor version)
10Ah up to 15 Ah
Up to 45Km
Eco and Power
(0-100%): 6-8 Hours
Regular Price: $1,099.00
Glide through the hustle and bustle of the city in the Xiaomi Pro 2 Electric Scooter! It's a mix of beauty and practicality, as its stylish and functional build make it perfect for every-day use. The Xiaomi Pro 2 is one of those electric scooters for sale at a cheaper price point, but without sacrificing quality.
This lightweight e-scooter has a maximum weight capacity of 100KG, and travels at a maximum speed of 25KM/H. Moreover, the Xiaomi Pro 2 Electric Scooter is ultra portable, allowing you to bring the electric ride with you wherever and whenever you need to be.
Upgrade to a new and convenient way to travel and let the Xiaomi Pro 2 Electric Scooter take you to roads you've never traveled before!
|25km/h (Max speed for each mode: Pedestrian mode: 5km/h; D: 20km/h; S: 25km/h)
|E-ABS and disc brake
|8.5" front and rear pneumatic tires
|Controller undervoltage protection
|Controller current limit
|Brushless DC motor
|16+ (12+ with adult supervision)
|-10°C to 40°C
|-20°C to 45°C
Regular Price: $1,499.00
Inspired by the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team, the upgraded Xiaomi Pro 2 Electric Scooter is a magnificent e-scooter made for the car aficionado. This elegant yet powerful electric scooter from Xiaomi houses a 300W motor that produces an output of a 600W motor.
The Xiaomi Pro 2 Electric Scooter - Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula 1 Edition boasts of a central control design and built-in display that add ease to your ride. No need to check your smart phone or any application to check your riding status, you can simply check the subtly installed LED screen on you e-scooter itself. Moreover, the upgraded version of the Xiaomi Pro 2 has a 20% incline, and reaches a maximum of 45KM depending on your riding style.
If you're a big fan of formula cars, then this is definitely a collectible for you! But if not, then you can still enjoy it as an electric scooter that makes travelling anywhere easier and faster!
The models mentioned in this review are the ones being offered across Australia.
Should you be interested in knowing more about electric scooters and how to find the best deals for it, you can definitely spend some time looking through our blog posts and checkout buying guides. These can be very useful when you are trying to find the best electric scooter that will suit you and your lifestyle the most.